Friday, January 3, 2014

WOD #20!!

Woot Woot! Tonight, for my 20th WOD I lifted 45 pounds from the ground and over my head 30 times in 3 minutes and 4 seconds. Grace was rough but I'm very proud of myself.

Over the past few months I have seen a huge change in me. Physically I am stronger, I was able to deadlift 150 pounds! I have better endurance, 2 minutes of jump rope doesn't leave me feeling like I can't breathe. Mentally I'm evolving, I've been able to test the limits of my mind and find I'm capable of more than I thought. Healthwise I'm improving, my body fat percentage has gone from 33% to 29%. In just 20 workouts. Change is happening and I like it!!

I've decided to participate in our box's paleo challenge. It's 30 days of eating paleo and of course doing crossfit. I'm both excited and scared to try it. We eat about halfway paleo I'd say but there will be a few things I'm going to miss. Top of that list is soda, and refined sugar, aaaaand rice. Oh, and beer! Ypu can pretty much do anything for 30 days so I'm going to try my hardest to stick to the plan. I know there will be some huge challenges to my plan, mainly a party this month and the start of nursing school. It will be tough to resist the allure of the vending machines on campus. I know, great example for our patients!

So, I'm not going to be too strict this weekend but come Monday....it is ON! I enjoy challenges so this should be pretty fun.

In other news my parents are going to be joining the HXF family too! I'm very proud of them and can't wait for them to get addicted just like I did.

I will keep updating a little better now that the holidays are done and I will be sharing all the fun recipes I can find!


No comments:

Post a Comment