Saturday, January 25, 2014

The End Is Near: A close to my paleo challege

It's almost the end of the month and that means it is almost the end of my paleo challenge. It's been really, really, REALLY hard to stick  to this diet but I have to say I'm pretty proud of how closely I did stick to it.

To tell the truth I did cheat, more than once, but for about 95% of the time I kept to the diet. I've noticed little changes in my appearance and I'm hoping it's enough to have won our box's little challenge (we all put in $10 and whoever wins gets the pot!)

I don't really plan on keeping to the strict paleo diet after the challenge is over. However we will still be eating as clean as we can and improving our food choices. Really I think that's what the whole idea is. Rather than a specific diet I try to eat real foods and just leave it at that. The occasional junk will be a part of our diet but hopefully the good choices made the rest of the time will outweigh the not so good choices. My favorite cheat by far has been In'n'out which really isn't a cheat per say. If I was dying for some kind of junk I would go to In'n'Out and order a double-double protein style with no sauce and no cheese. Technically, according to some, it is still paleo since it's just lettuce, beef, and tomato. Granted I'm bending the rules quite a bit to make a double double fit into the term paleo but hey...it was better than McDonalds right?! I've also cheated a bit with the soda, it's a horribly difficult addiction to kick. BUT! I don't get diet soda anymore, I stick to the real stuff without asparatame. There is a plus to this, since it has sugar in it I cannot drink a lot of it since it will wreak havoc with my blood sugar (I'm hypoglycemic). When I did cheat it was usually only one soda for the whole day as opposed to the 5-7 diet sodas I would have before since they didn't spike my sugar.

Of course we will still continue our crossfit journey and keep up with our WODs. My school schedule is pretty much insane. Some days I'm doing back to back 12 hour clinical with an 8 hour lecture after that. It's exhausting to say the least. Not to mention the homework and reading I'm supposed to be doing. Actually that's what I am supposed to be doing right now. You can tell how well that is going. Getting my three weekly WODs in will be tough, and some weeks I may not be able to pull it off but it is just for another 15 weeks. If I can just live through school, that's an achievement right there!

We have a family WOD coming up on the 1st and I'm pretty excited to have fun with my ENTIRE family working out, kiddos included! I'm so proud to say that my whole family is a part of the extended HXF family now. It should be a great time and hopefully I can snap a few fun pictures while we are there.

I'm excited for the measurements to be revealed in just a little more than 2 weeks! Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment