Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday! Turkey Day is Near!

 

Thanksgiving is upon us, which means we will all be stuffing ourselves to the breaking point and really testing the strength on that pants button. I love Thanksgiving for the food. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of turkey but ham...oh ham how I love you. I also love all the sides. Sweet potatoes are one of my absolute favorites, but nothing tops dessert. I'm one of those people who loves pumpkin and the best part of the fall season: pumpkin everything! So for today's Tasty Tuesday recipe I give you a paleo pumpkin pie!

Paleo Pumpkin Pie
Paleo Pie Crust




     Tonight's WOD was rough. Really rough. I of course modified the ever lovin out of it but it still kicked my butt. The hardest thing I had to do was run. I don't know what my body has against running  but it does not like it. I had horrible asthma when I was really little but thankfully I outgrew it for the most part. It only rears it's ugly head when I run, or have a nasty chest cold. Running is the quickest way to give myself an asthma attack. When I ran track in middle school I was always a short distance runner because anytime my coach tried to make me run a mile I would have an asthma attack right in the last stretch. I have an inhaler but of course I never want to use it because of my stupid ego. I don't want to have asthma, I want normal lungs and bronchus that behave when I exert my self...so if I ignore it then it will go away right?! I will make sure I keep my stupid inhaler with me next time I have to do any running especially because I do kind of like breathing. No matter how much medical knowledge I have and how many attacks I've had I still lose my mind every time. I can't remember how to breathe and the feeling of not being able to move air sends me into a panic. So I guess I'll bring the inhaler.

     Mentally I want to push myself but my body hasn't caught up yet. I did set a personal record for a shoulder press of 55lbs. tonight which made me pretty proud but otherwise I wasn't thrilled with my workout tonight. I just feel like I could have done better. I set unrealistic goals for myself, it's a flaw I have. I just need to work on the patience thing and try to realize I have physical limits. It's not something I enjoy realizing.

I hope you all have a Happy, Wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment