Monday, November 18, 2013

Tasty Tuesday!

     I did my first official WOD today! It wasn't one of the gnarlier workouts but it was still a challenge for sure. I left feeling great though. I felt pretty good about my workout but I'm always anxious to improve and work my way up. Unfortunately my mind goes faster than my body. Part of our workout was doing a type of lift called a clean. I am having a hard time getting my technique down on this one and it's getting pretty frustrating. I know what I want to do but I just can't get my body to cooperate and coordinate. That's the beauty of crossfit though, it incorporates more than just your physical being, your mind is fully engaged too. We are trying to work out what days we can get babysitting arranged and really get into a routine of going to the box at least 3 or 4 times a week.

     Probably one of the harder things I'm working on is my eating habits. I love my junk food and not just candy either I'm talking about the stuff that comes in boxes from my freezer or pantry. I have a pretty strong addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper and I am a habitual snacker. Making the change from eating a boat load of processed food to fresh stuff and being conscious of what I was actually eating has been pretty hard. I am happy to say I have at least made some better choices over this past week. Instead of hitting up a fast food place I decided to go to the grocery store and pick up some chicken to grill at home instead. The allure of the quick convenience food is strong for me. With two kids under two it's a feat for me to eat anything resembling a full meal, let alone actually cook one. It would be so much easier to drive thru some place than go home and cook something. Still, I know the reason for making better choices is to make my life better and I want to show my kids how to make healthier eating choices too. I want to be healthy for my grandchildren and eating McDonalds every other day is not conducive to that outcome.

     So in the spirit of food, I want to officially dub Tuesdays as "Tasty Tuesday's" here on my little blog. I love to snack and finding healthy alternatives to things like potato chips and sugary snacks has been a challenge to me. Sweet potato chips can provide a great alternative to the potato chip and satisfy that snack attack with ease. Thanks to amazingpaleo.com for this great recipe!

Find the recipe here: Amazing Paleo

No comments:

Post a Comment