Friday, May 23, 2014

Sweet Potato Bacon Soup

Last post I mentioned I had made some sweet potato and bacon soup for lunch today and said I would report back with my final thoughts.
My final thoughts go something like this: OMG it's sweet liquid gold made with unicorn tears and fairy dust. Ok so it's not THAT amazing but wow, I am loving it. I was worried at first thinking it would be too sweet or the spices (and there are a TON of them) would ruin it for me but I was wrong, wrong and more wrong on that one.

I was a little put off by the baby food puree look at first but it's really thinner than it looks when you eat it, more of a slightly thicker than usual tomato soup. The spices pair so perfectly with the smokey bacon it's like a magical wedding in your mouth. The sweet from the potato is balanced by all of the spice and while I was worried it would be too much it was just the right amount to give it a nice kick.

I highly reccommend this dish for a main course or pair it with a delicious steak. Two thumbs up from me and I will for sure be making more in the future.

In case you missed it here is the recipe: Sweet Potato Bacon Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment