Monday, March 17, 2014

Sometimes Life Just Gets In The Way

Oh boy. It's been crazy around here. I'm quite sad to say that I still haven't been back in the box. I want to get back but it always seems as if one thing or another is getting in my way, and sometimes it's myself.

School is pretty intense. Right now I am on spring break and trying to get some kind of rest, but that's just not going to happen. Next week I have 5 straight days of school stuff going on, with 4 of those being clinical days. It also happens to be my birthday next week. As I have gotten older I have really begun to dislike my birthday. I thought I would be much older than 24 before that happened but truthfully I just wish my birthday could pass like any other day. I just don't like it. Maybe it's a defense mechanism of sorts since I figure if I don't get excited about something then it won't be such a let down when there is nothing to be excited about.

Anyways, I still haven't been into the box but I have at least been keeping to eating better by avoiding boxed and pre-packaged stuff as much as I can. I do try to do some kind of exercising during the day. Sometimes that is doing a couple extra squats when I get something off of the floor (which is frequent) or perhaps I do some thrusters with Roxas as a weight. I make an effort to at least do SOMETHING before the day is done and I would say at least 90% of the time I succeed at it. I finally got on the scale (BAD!) just to see how much of a cow I've become since my last weight and I was pleasantly surprised to find I am only 10lbs short of what is my "ideal weight" in my head. I know I've lost inches for sure. I can tell in the way my clothes fit, but it's not nearly as much as I know I could be doing if I was getting 3 WODs in a week.

That being said, sometimes life just gets in the way. Sometimes I am so exhausted after working a 12 hour shift and then having school to study for that I have zero energy or motivation to get the kids together, find a grandparent willing to babysit, and get to the box. It's just so much. Once summer is here I hope to return to a full 3 day a week WOD schedule but until then I am giving myself a bit of a pass. School and family and my sanity are what is important right this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment